- A Dribble Of Ink
- A Fantasy Reader
- Adventures In Reading
- Bastard Books
- Beauty In Ruins
- Bitten By Books
- Bookworm Blues
- Charlotte's Library
- Cheryl's Mewsings
- Civilian Reader
- Critical Mass
- Curated Fantasy Books
- Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews
- Dragons, Heroes and Wizards
- Edi's Book Lighthouse
- Everything is Nice
- Falcata Times
- Fantasy & SciFi Lovin' News & Reviews
- Fantasy Cafe
- Fantasy Literature
- Far Beyond Reality
- Gav Reads
- Genre Reader
- Grasping For The Wind
- Hero Complex
- Jeff VanderMeer
- King of the Nerds
- Layers of Thought
- Neth Space
- Old Bat's Belfry
- Only The Best Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Pat's Fantasy Hotlist
- Realms of Speculative Fiction
- Rob's Blog O' Stuff
- Smorgasbord Fantasia
- Speculative Book Review
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tez Says
- The Agony Column
- The Antick Musings of G.B.H. Hornswoggler, Gent.
- The Bibliosanctum
- The Book Smugglers
- The Green Man Review
- The Nocturnal Library
- The OF Blog
- The Speculative Scotsman
- The Vinciolo Journal
- The Wertzone
- The World in the Satin Blog
- Tip the Wink
- Val's Random Comments
- Voyager Books
- Walker of Worlds
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (155)
- ► 2013 (260)
- "Jack Glass" by Adam Roberts (Reviewed by Liviu Su...
- GUEST POST: The Literary Odyssey of Ilona Andrews ...
- A stunning Cloud Atlas movie trailer (with comment...
- The 2012 Man Booker Longlist (with comments by Liv...
- Land of Hope and Glory by Geoffrey Wilson (Reviewe...
- "Blood Song" by Anthony Ryan (Reviewed by Liviu Su...
- Imperative by P. A. Wilson (Reviewed by Mihir Wanc...
- Emotobooks: The Fusion of Written Fiction and Expr...
- Cover and Synopsis for "Shadow of Freedom" by Davi...
- Press Release: Jo Fletcher Books acquires The Shiv...
- Focus on 3 older SF titles: David Zindell, A. A. A...
- A SF-nal Journey in Books 1987-2011 (by Liviu Suci...
- Kingdom by Anderson O'Donnell (Reviewed by Mihir W...
- The List of "Science Fiction the 101 Best Novels 1...
- GunMetal Magic by Ilona Andrews w/ Bonus Review of...
- Four upcoming SFF debuts that caught my eye (By Mi...
- The Spirit War by Rachel Aaron (Reviewed by Mihir ...
- "The Prisoner of Heaven" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Rev...
- Retribution Clause and Magic Tests (Kate Daniels S...
- "Sharps" by K.J. Parker (Reviewed by Liviu Suciu a...
- Zelda Pryce: The Razor's Edge by Joss Llewelyn (Re...
- "The Ghostwriter" by Zoran Zivkovic (Reviewed by L...
- A Mini-Interview with KJ Parker (Questions asked b...
- "The Sacrifice Game" by Brian D'Amato (Reviewed by...
- Winners of The Indie Day II Giveaway!!!
- Eerie by Blake and Jordan Crouch (Reviewed by Mihi...
- Spotlight on July Books
- “Giant Thief” by David Tallerman (Reviewed by Sabi...
- ▼ July (28)
- ► 2011 (317)
- ► 2010 (346)
- ► 2009 (466)
- ► 2008 (376)
Sunday, July 29, 2012
David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas (FBC Rv) is one of the few novels of our new millennium about which I strongly feel that it will "live" and be read for a long time. Its special structure and the succession of storylines which are part of why the novel is so mind-blowing, do not seem well suited to movie adaption, while David Mitchell has stated that a direct movie adaption seemed pointless to him, like an audio book with added video.
So taking up the challenge in what will be the most expensive German movie of all time, Lana Wachowski, Tom Twyker and Andy Wachowski working with an international all star cast headed by Tom Hanks and Halle Berry and with the enthusiastic participation of David Mitchell who will have a cameo in the movie, went beyond the book itself and made a movie that follows its six storyline but also makes explicit the reincarnation links betweern them, links that were only hinted in the novel.
How does it work, well we will see after October 26th when the movie debuts in theaters, but the stunning extended trailer below made it a must for me!
6:00 PM | Posted by Liviu | | Edit Post